The Estate

The food grown by the farmers serves to build the physical body of man and give him the strength to develop his mental abilities.

From “The agriculture of tomorrow” Lilly Kolisko, 1939

Campinuovi products come from a hilly and unspoilt land, surrounded by woods, olive groves and vineyards, where the Monte Amiata hills slope to the Maremma plain and the sea can be seen on the horizon.

A small estate, where land rules, nature gives its fruits and man’s passion turns them into unique products, a faithful expression of the territory.

The Location

The Campinuovi farm is located in the southern part of Tuscany, in the municipality of Cinigiano (Grosseto), twenty kilometres south of Montalcino. Located on the slopes of Monte Amiata, the estate overlooks the Maremma plain, approximately forty kilometres from the Tyrrhenian Sea.

The Estate

Campinuovi was established in 2000 when, after extensive research in different areas of Tuscany, we identified in Campinuovi the perfect spot of land to turn our dream into reality.  The intention was to find a place where a small venture capable of producing an “authentic wine” with a personality deriving from the connection between the land and man’s work could be created.  The land located on a south facing hill had in fact the ideal microclimate and soil characteristics.

The core business is viticulture, followed by a small production of honey and extra-virgin olive oil. The farm is organic certified, by CODEX, and we are practising biodynamic agriculture since 2006. Campinuovi adheres to the “Renaissance du Terroir” Quality Charter (www.biodynamy.com).

The Name

The lands were once part of the estate of the nearby Porrona Castle managed by the Abbey of Sant’Antimo in the Middle Ages. Land ownership was disputed over the centuries between the two most famous aristocratic families of Siena, the Piccolomini and Tolomei. During the 1950 land reform most of these lands were expropriated by the State and allocated to small farmers. Among them was an area called “Campi Nuovi” (New Fields) in the documents, precisely where our estate is located today. We have therefore decided to retain the same name to indicate that we have finally found the place to start our “new life”.

The food grown by the farmers serves to build the physical body of man and give him the strength to develop his mental abilities